Change subcomposition event behavior — an event into a published input comes in just through that input, not all inputs

Excellent point. Maybe there could be a special published input port (event-only) that transmits an event if any published input port transmits an event.

I’m not sure why I made this input labeled “>” for sub-graphs and passed through also labeled “>” back in Sept 2011. But i figure now it was for passing events(?)… it could be used to not only pass events from the “>” Input, but any of the sub-composition inputs. So an event on Input 1, 2 or 3 would pass an event to “>” going to the event input of the Node shown inside the sub-graph. Being a subcomp there’s plenty of room for an extra default input at the top.

For more details on how I envisaged sub-graphs of any of the kinds we’re talking about opening and closing in the Editor rather than as separate files for editing see this thread where I FR for Macros/Group Nodes (1. Library node which is universal, 2. Local comp restricted subgraph that also can have many instances and possibly also appears in the Node Library perhaps under a “Local Sub-Graph Nodes” Heading and 3. Group Node which is stored in the owner Vuo file and has only its own instance).

Screenshot 2017-04-09 04.42.04.png