crash by serial read

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. serial read (9600) from arduino
  2. after a few seconds the vuo console stops showing datas
  3. vuo crashs

How did the result differ from what you expected?

I only wanted to test if datas coming in realtime from the arduino (enlarged from potmeter through A0) and watching them in duo console.

Have you found a workaround?

Yes.

Other notes

• Vuo version: 1.1.1
  • macOS version: OS X 10.10

Hi, @harireka. Sorry Vuo is crashing for you.

Could you attach the composition you’re testing with, and the crash report file? (You can either make it crash again and drag the icon from the titlebar of the crash report window, or you can find prior crash reports in Console.app.)

Attached:

SerialinTeszt.vuo (1.41 KB)

Thanks for attaching the composition, @harireka. I hooked up my Arduino Uno and uploaded a sketch that continuously outputs 9600 BPS data, and I’ve been running your composition on Vuo 1.1.1 for the last 30 minutes, but it hasn’t yet crashed for me.

Have you tried Vuo 1.2.0-alpha2 (available under Downloads > All releases) — does that version also crash for you? If so, could you attach that crash report? (Please attach the crash report file, instead of a screenshot of Console.app. You can either drag the icon from the titlebar of the crash report window, or, in Console.app, expand the “User Diagnostic Reports” sidebar section, find the crash report labeled with the date/time that the crash happened, and drag it from the list in the sidebar.)

Okay, I don’t see 1.2.0 (No releases are currently available to me). I downloaded again the vuo 1.1. Now it is working.
(I attached the files in zip.)

So now it is working, thank you for your help!

Archive.zip (15.3 KB)

Glad to hear 1.1.1 is working for you now.

I don’t see 1.2.0 (No releases are currently available to me).

Oops, there was a permissions problem with that page. You should be able to see 1.2.0-alpha2 now, if you’d like to try it.

OK, thanks, I will try.