Cycle through list outputting inconsistent data

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. run the attached comp
  2. right click and fire event on yellow node “list two”.
  3. right click and fire event on “go backward” port of blue node
  4. Outputted “Item” from blue node is correctly “3” - the value of the third element of “list two” node - while outputted position is 4. I’d expect this latter to be 3, it’s very strange that cycling a list with just 3 elements could output a fourth position. And in any case, this data doesn’t match with “Item” data.

Have you found a workaround?

no

Other notes

• Vuo version: 2.3.2
  • macOS version: macOS 10.14
  • CPU: x86_64
  • How severely does this bug affect you? It prevents me from completing a specific task with Vuo.

Don’t know if this can be considered a proper bug, but in my opinion it’s quite inconsistent and just when I simplified a task with this example realized what could be happening in a more complex comp that isn’t behaving as i’d expect.

cycle node bug.vuo (2.26 KB)

1 Like

Rethinking to this, I propouse a different behaviour. a thing like this:

if a new list reaches the node
   if count item of the new list < actual internal node position
        actual internal node position = count item of the new list

This way, the last backward event I described in point 3 would output item 2 of the new list.
This behaviour seems to me more reasonable.

Mic,

We’ve accepted the bug report. As a partial workaround, when you switch to a new list you can use that event for Go to First, also. Then if you send an event to Go Forward, the node will output the first item of the new list. (Or the last item if you allow wrapping and send an event to Go Backward.)  

1 Like

Fixed in Vuo 2.4.0.

1 Like