Is there a feature request for tool tips?

I’ve been using VUO after awhile of not using it frequently, and have noticed that there being no tool tips when hovering over ports is probably one of my biggest impediments (along with no macros, and no shader editor).

I find it difficult to figure out what example compositions are doing, when they are more complex and you can’t monitor what the output values actually look like.

Is there already a feature request for this? I looked a bit and didn’t see one, but I think the search term itself is rough for returning a result.

Is it just me? Is this an issue for anyone else?

If you click on a port you open a Port Popover, which shows information when the composition is running. Is that what you are looking for?

1 Like

For some reason that was eluding me when I was looking at example comps! I was trying to just hover QC style.

I was using the shader toy node last night, and was noticing that when I click the input port to edit shader text, that the tooltip also seems to get activated. So, I will wind up with the code window there, as well as a giant popover/tooltip that has the entire shader written out.

Is there a way to get that to not happen? Is it a certain way that I’m clicking it, or a behavior that can be altered?

This should probably be a new topic, but whenever I visit this site I have to clear cookies in order to log in.

When I try to log in without that, it tells me that I need to try “logging in again in 4 seconds”, or something along those lines.

But if I clear cookies and then try to login, it’s fine. Using Safari/Sierra.

noticing that when I click the input port to edit shader text, that the tooltip also seems to get activated

Yeah, that does take up a lot of canvas space with redundant information. After discussing with the team, I think the fundamental issue is that the input port editor is more streamlined for shorter rather than longer data. Better support for long text is just one of several improvements that could be made in a UI adapted for GLSL, which is our aim for Ability to edit GLSL shader code in Vuo Editor (implementation in progress).

By the way, you can drag a popover to move it out of the way.

When I try to log in without that, it tells me that I need to try “logging in again in 4 seconds”

Are you a really fast clicker? See Log In Website time out thing.