Old Vuo projects

I’m resurrecting old Vuo projects after a five-year hiatus.

It would be useful if obsolete nodes could be highlighted so one could more easily go about replacing them with their updated version.

Also, having a node to set screen refresh frequency could also be useful. My M1 MacBook Pro features the “ProMotion” screen refresh system that dynamically adjust frequency up to 120 fps. When a composition uses a Fire on Display Refresh node, the ProMotion dynamic frequency can wreck havoc on nodes using a time input.

Cheers!

1 Like

+1 for the highlighting new version of nodes available ;)

For the fps, a related feature request : Fire / Time at chosen FPS

1 Like

Thanks! I voted for Fire / Time at chosen FPS.

2 Likes

It would be useful if obsolete nodes could be highlighted so one could more easily go about replacing them with their updated version.

You can go to Edit > Find > Find… and type deprecated into the search box. Then you can right-click on each found node and select an option from the Change To submenu where that is available.

More info:

2 Likes

I’ve used the “Fire periodically” to drive time sensitive compositions, as you just divide 1 by the wanted framerate and connect it to the input time to avoid issues from the DOS era :sweat_smile:

If you need to sync it with the output, a hold node on the output image, connected to a “fire on display refresh” should do the trick.

1 Like