Publish Frames Per Second (FPS) image generator input

When rendering a movie at a given FPS it would be useful to have access to that value within the composition.

For example if you needed to access timing information that was FPS sensitive. It is impossible to get FPS without a set value, so either one needs to enter this value into the composition- or have it fed into the composition manually.

It’s pretty easy to calculate the framerate based on the time input port — just subtract 2 consecutive times, and take the reciprocal. I’ve attached a composition demonstrating that. Does that fulfill your need?

fps.vuo (3.73 KB)

That’s a great solution, however wouldn’t that cause a glitch for the first two frames if that number was depended upon?

Is there any precedence for this value to be passed for image filters used within other software? For example if Team Vuo decide to implement FXPlug generator.

wouldn’t that cause a glitch for the first two frames if that number was depended upon?

Ah, good point, and I don’t see a good alternative to that. I’ll go ahead and add the code to populate an optional offlineFramerate published input, since that’s an easy one-line change.

Added optional offlineFramerate published input port in Vuo 1.2.0.