Put the 3rd part code dependencies Vuo and Vuo Editor use in the FAQ

Can I ask that the 3rd party framework/licence listing page be moved into the FAQ because this is not the first time I haven’t been able to find it on this site.

I know it’s here somewhere but even a site wide google search has failed to locate it. I just found the info i was after, but when i couldn’t recall any of the frameworks Vuo used, it wasn’t possible for me to find even this blog page (see below) . I had to use very specific tokens to find this blog entry:

If you’d like a behind-the-scenes peek at how Vuo is implemented, I can tell you about a few more open-source projects that help Vuo do its job:

Qt, a cross-platform GUI framework, is the basis for Vuo's editor. It also underlies Vuo's automated tests.
ØMQ helps Vuo's editor communicate with a running composition. The editor can send commands to the composition ("Pause!" "Stop!"), and the composition can send debugging information to the editor ("The Recur node just emitted an event!").
libdispatch helps Vuo run compositions as fast as possible by using multithreading. When Vuo sees that two or more nodes can be run at the same time (because they don't depend on each other), Vuo uses libdispatch to run them concurrently.
Graphviz is a tool for drawing diagrams with nodes and edges (like Vuo compositions). Vuo uses the Graphviz file format, with a few additions, to store compositions. Graphviz helps Vuo lay out your nodes and cables neatly on the canvas.

We’ve added a link at the beginning of https://vuo.org/contributors.

1 Like

Thanks Jean Marie! I’m sure I will go looking in a years time, again. happens once a year :-)

was just looking again a few days ago!