Steps causing the bug to occur

1. Make colour Image and Render Image to window
  2. Run composition and hit record
  3. Movie output is double the size of the rendered pixels

Other notes

• Vuo version: 2.3.2
  • macOS version: macOS 10.14
  • CPU: x86_64

It’s the same (double size) if I use change window size.
Seems to be the same with all compositions.

I only found this bug because I was recording clips of another bug!
https://community.vuo.org/t/-/6922/6

@Scratchpole,

The Vuo composition’s File > Start Recording menu item records the contents of the window. On Retina displays, it records at full Retina resolution. On Retina displays, Render Image to Window scales the image to twice its size, so it appears at the physical size that users typically expect.

We have a related feature request: More movie recording settings for Composition Viewer. Would that be a good fix for your issue?

Wow, that is a waste of resources. It seems illogical that it would do things at twice the size requested.
I think a better fix would be if it just recorded and displayed at the resolution that we are sending to the window.

Not using a retina display so I can’t test, just wondering – does points vs. pixels do anything here, say using the Change Window Size node?

We have been thinking about a Change Scale Factor node. In the meantime, if you use the Window property node Change Window Size with pixels as the unit, you will preserve absolute pixels across Retina and non-Retina screens. We’re merging this with More movie recording settings ….