Request - cross product and dot product

How about a cross product and dot product node?

I was properly looking for a simple task just to start studying how to develop vuonodes… it was really easy as dot and cross product primitives are already developed in SDK. Here they are. Just decompress and drop to your User Modules Folder.  

Archivio.zip (1.2 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks, works a treat.
But I must have missed that opportunity in Vuo, I’m a programmer and can handle this … where is it documented?
What are the performance issues of these C based modules vs what I assume are more normal compiled ones?

Great :)
Don’t forget to put in the node gallery too. Might be easier to find for other people interested in this :)
:muscle:

where is it documented? What are the performance issues of these C based modules vs what I assume are more normal compiled ones?

The Vuo manual has a section on creating a node that has a link to Vuo’s api section on Developing Node Classes and Port Types.

We haven’t measured, but we would expect the performance to be comparable to .vuonode community nodes since Vuo compiles the C code once and stores it in a cache (~/Library/Caches/org.vuo).