Scaling/Full Screen Issue

Hi there,

I m looking for some help as really struggling to get a full screen window to show properly the way i expect. I have a screen resolution of 1280 x 800, i have an image file which i resize to 1280 x 800, in fit mode (Its a portrait image so would expect it to shrink the height to fit, which it almost does). I render this out to a window, and set the window properties to 1280 x 800, full screen, and non resizable.

My first issue is when i run the compositon, it run to full screen but letterboxed and crops some of the image. If I exit full screen and go back into full screen it fills the screen as i would expect.

Second issue, is although i have resized the image, which matches the window size, and matches screen resolution, the image is cropped at the top. If i scale resize the image to a height of 768, the image fit the window and screen. I have no idea why it won’t hit 800, which i need it to. I still have the issue that on first run, its letterboxed and exiting full screen and re running solves the issue?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Hi i have been testing a few option out and find that if i have the property of “window resizable status = false” into the window properties, this causes the full screen window to letter box on run. Still having the issue in my composition where i cannot get my image to 1280 x 800. I have made another composition which only has this image rendered at 1280 x 800 to a window and it fits fine.

Hi, @philhaldane. What happens if you run the attached composition? When I tried it on my computer (after changing the 1280 x 800 inputs to 1440 x 900 to match my screen size), it worked as expected. Do you see a problem when you run this composition? If not, what is different about your composition?

fullscreen-image.vuo (2.51 KB)

Hi @jstrecker, thanks for that. It works fine for me. Which is strange with my composition. I just now deleted the image file node and resize node and added them in again linked in exactly the same way and it works as expected! I have no idea why.

I still have the issue that if i have the property of “window resizable status = false” into the window properties, this causes the full screen window to letter box and crop top and bottom until i exit and reload.

Yes, I see that too if I set the Change Resizable Status in the above composition to false. Maybe something to do with the order in which the window properties are being set when the window first opens. Do you intend to leave the window in fullscreen the entire time? If so, then you don’t even need the Change Resizable Status node or the Change Window Size node.

Hi thanks for checking it out. Yes i do intend leaving full screen but what we required is a full screen interface for users and then the full screen is also going to be mapped to LED pixels. Its not too important, at least its not just me!

Fixed the issue where non-resizable windows would sometimes be the wrong size when going full-screen. Implemented in Vuo 2.0 beta.