I would like to see Send Data and Receive Data nodes being implemented for “wirelessly” sending and receiving data inside a composition. The nodes would have two input ports: name and data.
This would help to make more complicated compositions clearer.
Just like the send and receive in Pure Data or Max. Or like the Spooky Send plugin in QC.
We are going to try to fit this into 0.9. It would work like this:
- Drag a cable from one port to another, the normal way
- Right-click on the cable and select “Hide” from the context menu (or the Edit menu)
- The cable disappears and is replaced with a small antenna on each port
- We add to the toolbar (and View menu, and context menu for ports with antenna-cables) a “Show Hidden Cables” button. Turned off by default.
- When you enable it, the hidden cables are rendered as normal cables.
- When you disable it, the hidden cables are rendered as antennas.
(We ran out of time for the 0.9 release, but we hope to get it into 1.0.)