Switch to open/close windows from Render Image/Layers/Scene to Window nodes

I would really like Window nodes to have a switch so they don’t necessarily automatically get created when your composition runs, even a window node with nothing connected to it generates a window as soon as the comp runs. Having the option to trigger when a window is made, for example when a button from the the UI node set is pressed opens up a lot of possibilities when creating a composition with the intent of exporting it as an app.

Me too. Typical behaviour for me would be opening some palette, for example.

Workaround for now is to create windows, and set their size to 0,0 :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ll have to try that @keithlang thanks for the suggestion.

@cwilms-loyalist,

There is a feature request for Nodes for showing/hiding windows, and to enable the window’s close button that may be what you are looking for.

Jean Marie, I had forgotten about that previous feature request, I even commented on it. :)

It looks like that solution will allow a window to already be closed when a composition starts correct? If so I will lend some votes that way.  

It looks like that solution will allow a window to already be closed when a composition starts correct?

Yes. That’s what we’re planning.

Jean Marie ok, sounds like the same feature request to me. I will cast my votes in that direction then. :)