Transform order

It is possible I missed it, but is the “transform” order explicitly stated anywhere? If not then a useful addition to the documentation. I mean, the order the translation, rotation, scale are applied … and the order of the rotation.

The node set documentation for Transform (http://doc.vuo.org/1.2.6/node/vuo.transform/) has this statement:

“When the transformation is applied to a layer or object, the layer or object is first rotated, then scaled, then translated.” Is that what you are looking for?

Thanks, missed that.
Does one assume the rotations occur about x, then y and then z?
Another useful statement would be what direction the rotations are in … eg: clockwise when looking along the rotation axis.

The rotations are counterclockwise (right-handed coordinate system). I’ll have to find out for you about the rotation order. And yeah, we should document those.

You can use Combine Transforms to construct a series of translate/rotate/scale operations in whatever order you’d like.

“The rotations are counterclockwise …”, need more information than that for 3D, are you on the axis looking towards the origin, or at the origin looking along the axis?

Combine Transforms, yes that is exactly what I did … I could have worked it out with some simple tests but in the end separating them made things easier to understand. I was mainly referring to have these conventions documented.

Oh, I meant like this (from Right-hand rule - Wikipedia) — and will try to make clear in the docs —

Counterclockwise when on the positive side of the axis looking toward the origin.  

Clarified the description of rotation direction and order of operations in Vuo 2.0 beta documentation.