UI Buttons - No more icon support. :(

I just started playing with the new UI Buttons and sliders, which by the way I think are great, especially the themes. I noticed however that the new Button nodes don’t have the option for adding an icon or image to the button face. Is this still a feature that might be released in final 2.0 release?

As a temporary work around, even though the older button node is now depreciated, I can still run compositions that contain one in a new Vuo 2.0 composition. I can also copy and paste the older node if I need more buttons created so it’s not an immediate crisis or anything. I’m just hoping not to loose this feature as I’ve used it a number of time and I think images are sometimes quicker to identify than words. What would be really cool IMO would be the ability to overlay the entire background colour of a button with an image or if it’s an image with transparency the background colour will still show through.

See attached image for comparison:

• Old Style of UI Button: Purple
  • New Style of UI Buttons: Blue

Chris,

We want to provide more general support for graphics in buttons, as described in our feature request for creating custom themes for UI widgets. We had it listed internally as a future UI enhancement. Thanks for the reminder to share it publicly so the community can weigh in on its importance to them.

That great to hear it’s on the list! I saw your creating custom themes for UI widgets thread and that looks like it will be great, so I’m looking forward to seeing how you implement it. Honestly Vuo 2.0 had so many amazing new additions that I have lots to play with in the meantime.