video post tagged as spam on vuo fb group

I tried to post a video to the VUO group a few days ago, just to show a simple “code doodle” level thing I had done.

I received a message after a few days that it wasn’t allowed to be posted because it was spam.

In order for something to be spam, someone has to be attempting to promote something off topic. I had nothing to promote, and was just sharing an idea done with VUO.

I would appreciate if the mods in the vuo fb group would not mark a video share as spam, because it harms my account.

my guess is that the “spam” designation was automatically done by FB. FB have, by industry standards, a sophisticated spam and fair speech policy violation detection algorithms (for text at least) but obliviously not a sophisticated outcome at all in this instance!

I think admins get notice that FB has a post it thinks is spam, and then they can let it sit there in a queue as spam or not. That said, FB may have changed this since the last time I encountered it.  

Sounds right, I read your OP to suggest they had overtly tagged it as spam, as in someone at Vuo made that decision .

Yeah, it must have been something Facebook did automatically. We got an email that there was a post pending moderation, but when we followed the link a few minutes later, it said there was nothing in the moderation queue. Feel free to try posting it again.