Video time delay

Hi, I am a newbie with a single application for Vuo: to delay a live video stream. I have an audio/video system in which the audio is processed on a dedicated computer and sound processors. The sound processing adds time delay to the sound. Thus, to keep the video in sync with the audio, the video also needs to be time delayed an equal amount. I have split the HDMI audio/video stream with the video feed sent to a second dedicated computer for adding video delay via Vuo and a Black Magic Intensity Pro 4K video card, which is capable of duplex HDMI video input/output.

As Vuo Pro supports Black Magic I/O devices, I purchased the Pro version. However, my Black Magic Intensity Pro 4K (IP4K) card does not appear as an available device in any of the VUO Black Magic nodes. The IP4K does work in Black Magic Desktop Video Setup and is even listed as an input device in the Receive Live Video node (see attached composition).

My attempt at the attached composition does not work. Thus, I could use assistance with the following:

1. Should the Black Magic IP4K video card appear as a device in Black Magic nodes? It seems it should, but I don’t want to report a bug until I understand.
  2. How does the attached composition need to be edited to provide video delay? The ideal would be to use the IP4K video card for both video input and output (HDMI 1080P) as it is a duplex card and adjust the video delay from 0-4 seconds by number of frames. The node Render to Window is not needed - it was just added to see if the live video feed was working.

Kind regards,

loddie

Vuo Video Delay.vuo (3.4 KB)

1. Should the Black Magic IP4K video card appear as a device in Black Magic nodes? It seems it should, but I don’t want to report a bug until I understand.

Yes, it should — the vuo.blackmagic documentation lists Intensity as one of the supported product lines.

I’d suggest creating a simple test composition that just contains a List Blackmagic Devices node. When you run the composition, is your IP4K listed in either the Input Devices or Output Devices from the node? If you go to Tools > Show Console, do you see any errors, warnings, or other messages about Blackmagic?

It is a bit surprising that Vuo detects your IP4K as a native video device. Do you by any chance have a DAL driver installed in /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL ? If so, try moving it out of that folder, restarting your computer, and running your composition again.

1. How does the attached composition need to be edited to provide video delay?

The structure of the composition looks OK based on the composition you got working with non-Blackmagic video. Presumably you’ll want to replace the Receive Live Video with Receive Blackmagic Video once we figure out the problem with your device.