VUO FFGL crashing _crash report says Port Range & 'FeedbackTransform' has unknown type '

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. Creating Noise with Feedback using HOLD VALUE. -plays fine with in VUO but its FFGL export instantly crashes Resolume
  2. Crash report - includes.: = 0.2686s VuoMacFFGL.mm:516 _ZL15VuoMacFFGL_initP8NSBundle_block() Warning: Port ‘FeedbackTransform’ has unknown type ‘VuoTransform2d’. Ignoring it.
    t= 0.3934s VuoMacFFGL.mm:1622 plugMain() Warning: Unknown FreeFrame function call 50 input=0x7ffeeb861e20 instance=0x0. __. _ZL15VuoMacFFGL_initP8NSBundle_block() Warning: Port ‘Range’ has unknown type ‘VuoRange’. NOT sure if this is from the same FFGL or another one.

Other notes

• Vuo version: 2.3.2
  • macOS version: macOS 11
  • CPU: x86_64
  • How severely does this bug affect you? It prevents me from completing a specific task with Vuo.

Two Vuo comps attached -inspired and started from Luiz Andre Game “Reaction Diffusion With Some Mushrooms”- I really like the effects that can be achieved by image filters on feedback copy of noise and works great in VUO but resolume and vdmx does not seem to like them at all. On positive note; Resolume 7 and Isadora trial have been really great with all the rest of my many VUO FFGL plugins- thanks for any help or suggestions… best wishes Paul

KeithHarringMushroomsBu.vuo (10.4 KB)

FeedbackViaHold.vuo (6.93 KB)

crashReports.zip (491 KB)

@owlbert,

We haven’t been able to reproduce this. The log messages suggest that there were other FFGL plugins installed that could have caused the problem. Can you narrow down this for us — uninstall all FFGL plugins, then either install one at a time or do a binary search by installing half of them, then installing/uninstalling half, etc? Does that fix the crash?

sorry for the delay will try this out and get back to you, soon thanks!

By the way THANKS to Team VUO and supporters for new version- on loading this up it picked up and warned me to remove a couple of error nodes

. now I look more closely I can see it is actually working in vuo playback - just the values work differently in Generator comp than the window output comp - and so need adjusting so that the pattern is bright and thick enough to be visible!
next to test FFGL. - and yes with this comp now the ffgl is happy too! Fixed files attached-- I find it pretty interesting quite a range of patterns can be found -or black! - with only slight tweaks of threshold and noise values… If the comp is sensible in terms of the programming- I might post it for others to look at and improve! Cheers! Paul  

MushNoiseMesh.vuo (9.42 KB)

Mush Noise Mesh.bundle.zip (7.74 MB)

Glad it’s working now. I didn’t spend a much time on the composition, but you can eliminate the Fire on Display Refresh node, using instead the Time protocol input port. I’m sure others will enjoy it!

Thanks so much Jean Marie
Will update as you suggest
Cheers