Vuo V2.3.2 and VDMX5 b0. issues processing OSC

I’m processing Vuo clips in the latest beta VDMX and driving published parameters via OSC data.

I notice sometimes it appears VDMX does not process all the OSC data and sliders fail to move in VDMX. Other times its fine.

Some ports process data correctly and others fail to respond.

I checked the data coming out of the sending programme using a OSC Data Monitor tool and I can confirm the data is sent to the correct port and name space.

As a unit test I also created a version of the Vuo composition and added some nodes to process the OSC data directly and this works as expected.

I then added the clip into VDMX and processed the same data and the clip in VDMX doesn’t seem to process the OSC data as expected.

It would appear that VDMX has problems processing OSC data in Vuo composition, with a separate port for VDMX and Vuo. In Vuo V1.2.8 and the non beta version of VDMX worked ok with processing OSC data directly in Vuo and not via a published parameter.

It would also appear that VDMX has problems processing all OSC data values on occasions.

I have logged these with VDMX but also reaching out to the Vuo community to see if anyone has had any similar experiences as the suggestion from VDMX is it’s a Vuo issue and not a VDMX one.

The unit testing I did when processing directly in Vuo works as expected.

@jon121 — I asked David Lublin from VIDVOX if he had any insight, and he forwarded me the email that he sent you, so now we’re on the same page.

Did you already solve the problem based on David’s reply? (If so, would you mind sharing the solution here for future reference?)

If not, could you share a small composition that demonstrates the problem? One thing I’m unclear on is if your Vuo composition itself contains OSC nodes, or if the OSC communication is only happening outside of the Vuo composition via VDMX.

I’m just working through the information and will respond shortly.

1 Like

I managed to resove the issue by splitting up the sending OSC data into groups, so not all the data was been sent at the same time. Not sure if this is a problem with VDMX or Vuo but as a unit test Vuo processed the OSC data when sent directly to the application and comp. It was more a work arround. As a note I also remapped the same data value to say the Opacity slider and it worked so not sure if there’s a problem when processing so many OSC name spaces mapped to different parameters.

Ive attached a image of how this was done in the sending application Vezer.