VuoCompiler isn't compiling subcomps that have changed

Steps causing the bug to occur

i’m attaching a .zip which contains source code, a procedure, and all the attendant files for a reproducible test case. more generally:

1. create a .vuo composition, save it to the node library
  2. create another composition that instantiates and uses the first comp you made as a subcomposition
  3. launch an application that uses a VuoCompiler to compile and link an executable. run the executable, and observe the output.
  4. modify the subcomposition in a manner that would be visible
  5. without quitting, compile/link the executable again. run the executable, and observe the output- i would expect the changes that were made to the subcomposition to be visible, but they are not: the compiled output reflects the state of the composition when it was compiled for the first time since the app was launched.

Have you found a workaround?

yes, relaunching the application- which suggests that other workarounds of this type (compiling the .vuo comps in another process) would also probably be effective.

Other notes

• Vuo version: 1.2.6
  • macOS version: OS X 10.11
  • How severely does this bug affect you? It’s annoying but I can work around it.

VuoQuestions6.zip (38.7 KB)

Thanks for the detailed report, @mrray. We’ll look into this.

Subcompositions are now automatically recompiled and reloaded when they change. Implemented in Vuo 2.0 beta.

1 Like