- Make sure you have 2 monitors connected to your Mac
- Run the attached Composition
- The window updates its information based on which screen it resides on.
- Try dragging the Screen Information Window from the composition between each display and notice that the mouse position, which I understood should display the position of the cursor based on the screen layout, changes depending on which screen the window resides on when the mouse is returned to the exact same physical location on screen. (See Notes below)
No, I haven’t
- Vuo version: 2.3.1
- macOS version: macOS 10.15
- CPU: x86_64
- How severely does this bug affect you? It prevents me from completing a specific task with Vuo.
I’m not sure if the the mouse cursor location is display an accurate Y coordinate. X seems to be working correctly, or maybe I’m just not understanding what the
Receive Mouse Moves node is actually showing. So, if you look at the attached image you will see the screen layout my MacBook Pro and LG display are in. If I place the screen information window on my Primary MacBook Pro screen (see Pink Box) and move my cursor to the bottom right corner I get a value of roughly 1920 x 1200 which is what I would expect it to be. However if I place the Screen information window on my secondary LG display (see Green Box) and move the cursor to the exact same lower right corner on my MacBook Pro screen it now shows a value of 1920 x 1080 indicating that the X value is still being derived from the Primary monitor as I would expect but the Y value is now being derived using resolution information form the secondary display which is 1080 pixels high. I’ve tested this in multiple screen layouts and it appears that X behaves as I would expect and gives a consistent value no matter which screen is currently active however the Y mouse value seems to be calculated using which ever screen is currently active.
I hope I’ve explained it in a way that makes sense, because it took me a long time to figure out what I think it’s doing. :)
Screen and Mouse Position Issue.vuo (10.4 KB)