80's Loop EQ

Back to the 80’s :)
You can create some loops with this for your backgrounds.
Normal & audio reactive (travel speed) & Image generator versions included for use in Coge & VDMX (may need some tweaks for audio I did not check it out).
Also posterized colors & offset colors versions included.

Requirements : @smokris’s reinterpret 3D Object node (download here) because the stock wireframe shader ignores lightning.

Improvements welcome.
License : Public Domain

80’s Loop.zip (1.09 MB)

8 Likes

Nice composition in its own right, as well as a good example of Tile 3D Object.

1 Like

Thank you very much @jstrecker :)

Supercool!

1 Like

Hey! Any thoughts on this error?

Error compiling subcomposition /Users/michaelst-jean/Library/Application Support/Vuo/Modules/smokris.make.glitch.image.vuo:
Subcomposition contains itself — smokris.make.glitch.image contains an instance of itself, or contains another subcomposition that contains an instance of smokris.make.glitch.image.

I downloaded and unzipped the .vuo files into the Modules folder, then started getting this message for all the smokris* nodes in the project.

I am hoping to explore using this design and add audio-generated trees D: Would love to explore that!

M

AH I have figured it out (was downloading and using the wrong folder/files)

But it looks like the nodes won’t work with 2.0, which would be required to export FFGL for Resolume :D

Cheers!

@mstjean joined here is a version for the Image Generator composition without the smokris nodes, almost the same.
Hope this helps.

It’s up to the custom node creators to update their nodes or not. Although, somehow a related feature request could be Edit node C code in the Vuo Editor have it do all the Qt wrangling for the node where you should be able to update nodes yourself pretty easily from within the Vuo Editor.

Cheers

80’s Loop 1.1.zip (1.07 MB)

1 Like

This looks so good!

1 Like

this composition has so much good stuff in it. hats off @bodysoulspirit