Apple Touch Bar support in editor

Touch Bar support (as featured on the Apple Macbook Pro’s) would be nice to have in the editor, for example run/stop buttons for compositions or have some sliders to manipulate published input ports.

Additionally it would be amazing if there was a Touch Bar node that would allow compositions to display stuff on the Touch Bar and use it as an input to control values inside compositions etc.

Kind regards,

Lech

@lechbialek, I’ve split off the part about a Touch Bar node into a separate feature request.

I’ll be discussing with the team to come up with a rough estimate and see if we have any questions for you. Then we’ll open these feature requests for voting.

Open for voting.

@lechbialek, if you (or anyone else) have further thoughts on the aspects of the editor that the Touch Bar could control, let us know.

Your suggestion of sliders to control published input port values fits well with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines for the Touch Bar.  

@jstrecker, as much I a personally appreciate and use the TouchBar in many apps, Apple has recently abandoned it on it’s newest MacBook Pro machines. Should we probably remove this feature request? As it doesn’t feel worth investing any effort in now. Agree?  

Well, let’s wait and see if the touch bar is gone for good before closing this. No harm in keeping it open for now, I think. (If you’re concerned about older feature requests cluttering up the listing, we’re planning to address that by improving the organization of the page.)

That makes sense. I kind of hope they keep it around personally.