Butterfly Wings

3D butterfly wings flying around a 3D world.

• Select from four butterfly wing colors.
  • Rotate the camera to rotate the sphere mapped park scene.

Instructions

Put the jersmi.butterfly.vuo composition in your modules folder.

butterfly.zip (1.13 MB)

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 12.42.45 AM.png

4 Likes

Wasn’t seeing the butterfly, had to update the Wings URL folder path to ./ to see it,
Nice one :)  

1 Like

Thanks for posting that correction. I don’t quite understand why it works for me yet you have to change it to get it to work.

Because your path is ~/Desktop/DESKTOP A/VUO/butterfly0/ so I would have to put it on the same location, on the desktop, in a folder named Vuo and sub-folder “butterfly0”.

With ./ it scans the folder the composition is in, no matter where it is

Thanks again. My mistake, thought I wiped my local path, forgot that I need to reenter the path after unpublishing the port. Uploaded again with correction.  

1 Like

Uploaded again with correction

Still your local path after redownloading it just now ;)

That means the Vuo site won’t let me update the original zip file.

When I try to delete the zip, it asks me to log in, keeps doing this for files I try to delete/upload. When I first tried to upload the corrected zip it wasn’t immediately obvious that it didn’t work (asking me for creds when I’m already logged in is weird behavior, should have checked to see if it uploaded correctly, I was tired). I think I had trouble with the screenshot upload, too. I often mess things up the first time I post then make a bunch of edits/corrections, standard for me. Seems vuo.org comp gallery does not like edits/changes to original posts?  

butterfly.zip (1.19 MB)

Not sure about the login thing, could be related to something else, but I think the system does not like files to be reuploaded under the same filename, usually just add something like a version number and it works, f.e. butterfly 1.2.zip
And from your file I see an empty URL also works to scan the current folder, no need to add ./
;)

@jersmi, I just uploaded a version of the composition with the corrected Wing URL. I’m not sure what would have caused the site to keep asking you to log in or to ignore your new upload, but if it happens again, please file a bug report and we’ll look into it.

Although you shouldn’t need to change the file name when re-uploading to avoid duplicates, since the website does this automatically, adding a version number as @Bodysoulspirit suggested is not a bad idea to help keep track of the different versions.

1 Like