Can you use more that one Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini at a time?

I know with the Blackmagic nodes you can select which device you want to use even if several are connected at the same time, however are there any issues with using two identical Blackmagic capture devices at the same time, more specifically the UltraStudio Mini Recorder? We are thinking about ordering a second and I was wondering if anyone else has run two or more at the same time in a composition.

I have two miniRecorders — will check ASAP.

1 Like

Team Vuo has not tested with multiple identical Blackmagic devices (since we don’t have them), but I’m guessing it would work. Vuo’s Blackmagic device identification system can differentiate devices by serial number (if the Blackmagic device has a serial number, which some don’t) and by the port it’s connected to (which should always be available).

Submitted by Alastair (@useful_design) on 2018.10.04 11:50
I have two miniRecorders — will check ASAP.

Were you ever able to test this @useful_design ? If it works I think I’ll order a second one, it would be nice to run a simple little SDI camera instead of a webcam on a USB extender like we do now, less points of failure to worry about. Would the load on the system be about the same switching from a webcam to an SDI capture device?