Changing Syphon Server name from list

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. Load attached Comp
  2. Use on screen + and - Buttons to change Syphon Server Name
  3. The Syphon Server doesn’t turn on

Have you found a workaround?

If I disconnect the cable going to the Server Name input of the Send Image via Syphon node and manually enter some text instead, run the comp, and then reconnect the cable the name change works as I expected it to. I haven’t found a work around for this yet, instead I created 4 separate Mac Apps each manually named by the source rather than having one app that I can change the source name in.

Other notes

• Vuo version: 1.2.8
  • macOS version: macOS 10.14
  • How severely does this bug affect you? It’s annoying but I can work around it.

Change Syphon Server Name.vuo (6.13 KB)

Can’t help sadly but noticed another weird thing with this comp.
When pressing up and down sometimes the output window (not in fullscreen) was maximizing and minimizing unexpectedly

@cwilms-loyalist — Confirmed. Thanks for reporting this bug.

@Scratchpole — I wasn’t able to reproduce the unexpected maximizing/minimizing. You don’t by any chance have a special window manager installed, do you? If it continues to be a problem, please create a separate bug report.

Joe - Thanks for taking a look at my comp Joe. I can safely say I haven’t run into the maximizing and minimizing issue you were seeing.

Jaymie - Thanks. I always appreciate how quickly and effectively you respond to issues; to let you know that gives a real sense of trust as an end-user so thank-you!  

1 Like

Implemented in Vuo 2.0 beta.

Terrific!