Composition sometimes not fully zoomed to fit upon opening

Steps causing the bug to occur

(Original title: Zoom to fit button is grayed out straight after loading a patch)

1. Open an existing Vuo patch
  2. After loading the zoom to fit button is greyed out
  3. Hitting Command+A to select all doesn’t enable the zoom to fit button
  4. The zoom to fit button only starts working after clicking a node

Have you found a workaround?

You need to click a node after loading a patch and then click on the canvas/background. Afterwards you do this you can hit the zoom to fit button to get all nodes in view. If I remember correctly in Vuo 1.2.8 you could hit the zoom to fit button straight after loading an existing patch to get all nodes in view.

Other notes

• Vuo version: 2.0.0-beta1
  • macOS version: macOS 10.14
  • How severely does this bug affect you? Not much; I’m just letting you know about it.

Guess it’s not really a bug because the new behavior does open vuo compositions already in zoomed to fit mode (that’s why it’s grayed out).

Although I admit that the fitted composition on open is not as perfectly centered as when you follow the steps you describe (but the nodes keep the same zoom size right?).

Funny enough, for compositions where I do get the “This composition was created in an earlier version of Vuo…”, it is not grayed out.  

1 Like

Just as @Bodysoulspirit said — The intention is that the composition is already zoomed to fit when you open it, but that doesn’t always happen. I’ve updated the bug report’s title to reflect that. Thanks for letting us know about this problem, @lechbialek.

1 Like