Composition with Syphon nodes sometimes hangs immediately after starting

Steps causing the bug to occur

If you run the composition “BN_RHOMB.vuo”, posted by @bnvisuals in a comment on Leap motion refresh rate and general performance, sometimes it doesn’t output any graphics to Syphon. Receive Leap Frames says its trigger is dropping 100% of events. After a bit, Activity Monitor says the composition is not responding. For me, the hang happened something like 1 out of every 8 times running the composition.

(Before running the composition, you have to put in your own 3D model for Fetch Scene. I used palmtree.dae from the example compositions.)

How did the result differ from what you expected?

Shouldn’t hang.

Other notes

• Vuo version: 1.1.1

When I ran the composition with Show Events enabled, the times that it hung, the Send Image via Syphon nodes would become lit up and stay that way, and nothing else would light up.

When I attached a debugger to the hung process, it revealed a possible deadlock involving launching the composition application and setting up the Syphon servers. (Backtraces attached.)

When I substituted Render Image to Window nodes in place of the Send Image via Syphon nodes, I didn’t see it hang anymore.

syphon hang 1.txt (60.5 KB)

syphon hang 2.txt (56.1 KB)

Fixed in Vuo 1.2.0.