Crossfader with Hold

I’m looking for the cleanest/fastest way to fade between images slideshow style. So I have some massive images (3840*1080) cycling through every 10 secs or so. I want them to fade. I thought that rather than having two images render, I could “hold value” one and with some tricky timing reset it at the right time.
I just can’t seem to get the hang of timing and events in Vuo. Wave node? Measure time node?
Any help appreciated.

I’ve always used two renderers to do this in QC. You can ‘hold’ the present image and fade up to 100% over the top with next image rather than cross-fade (slightly different look) but can’t see how you wouldn’t need two rendering chains, even if one just samples the other.

Try something like this. There might be some better way to do this in Vuo, but this is what I came up with for the timing part. If I understood correctly what you were trying to do.

Slideshow.vuo (6.74 KB)

@bLackburst,

Here’s a somewhat different solution using a wave node to control the opacity of two layers. You can control the speed using the Period input port on the Wave node. @mnstri, thank you for your solution.

alt_slideshow.vuo (4.88 KB)