Custom Grids

Hi,

I have a beginner’s question here. I recently purchased Vuo and I’m working my way through everything and got stuck on this “Custom Grids” tutorial.

In the end it says as follows: By the addition of another Make Points along Curve and a Spread List Item Groups to this, it is expandable to a 3D grid as well!

I really tried many variations and get stuck here how to get this on the z-axis in the depth?

Yes, I have found other solutions, but I would like to follow and simply understand this one.
Maybe someone can help me get this knot out of my head?

Best
Citizen-Caine

Make 3D Points.vuo (7.59 KB)

See attached. I approached this by setting up the XY list of points first, then copying that n times for the Z positions.

You’ll see I was also playing around with lights, because only using the lit image shader, images on some 3D grid points didn’t show up so well. As a result I have a separate issue – is there a way to get the camera to process it’s position before the light? Using a spot light clearly illustrates the issue – when starting up the comp, the spot light shows its position as expected, then as soon as the camera is moved, the points keep the light position from the first frame.  

Make 3D Points_1.vuo (9.71 KB)

1 Like

Thank you very much for the informative help!

Best
Citizen Caine

This is really cool! is there a way I wonder to go about randomising each image?

For random images, here’s the general idea using Build List (use your own folder of images with the List Files node). I put this together quickly, so there may be some room to optimize a bit. The gray nodes pictured were added to the previous comp.

Make 3D Points_2.vuo (12.1 KB)

1 Like