Edits to Node Titles using white space have whitespace removed on save.

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. Edit a Share Value node title to have lots of space in it to make it a long header on the canvas.
  2. Save, close and reopen composition.
  3. Whitespace gone.
  4. As a side note (haha) if you undo after changing 20 shared value node titles as I just did to get a screen grab of what I’m talking about it removes all the changes in a single undo and there is no redo available on this. Ouch!
  5. Example images of “Notes” made from Share Value nodes (before saving and losing):
    Vuo_notes.jpg

Screenshot 2017-07-10 21.36.30.jpg

Have you found a workaround?

Nope. I tried using “.” periods etc at the end of 60 space chars to make it kind of register but this doesn’t work as a fix.

Without macros (in QC lingo) some kind of note/highlighter is essential

Other notes

• Vuo version: 1.2.6-alpha2
  • macOS version: macOS 10.12
  • How severely does this bug affect you? Not much; I’m just letting you know about it.

Until we get canvas notes this was what I was attempting to use, but it’s not possible until this behavior is fixed.

Until we get canvas notes this was what I was attempting to use, but it’s not possible until this behavior is fixed.

Rather than spending time on a fix that is only needed temporarily, we’re going to focus on other improvements and be able to get to notes a tiny bit sooner.