event bug

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. click on quad rendered in viewer after triggering Update tooltip on Hold Value node, so that events can be viewed
  2. before clicking, note no events
  3. after clicking, Update tooltip of Hold Value shows it is receiving a new event every second, despite no Single Clicked event actually occurring. Put another way, Receive Mouse Clicks seems to send an event out of the Single Clicked port despite the trackpad hardware not actually being interacted with, and with no mouse clicks actually happening.

Have you found a workaround?

no

Other notes

• Vuo version: 2.3.2
  • macOS version: macOS
  • How severely does this bug affect you? It prevents me from completing a specific task with Vuo.

The composition attached is not necessarily finished, as far as accomplishing what I had intended the composition to actually do. That said, it demonstrates the bug.

mouse warp_.vuo (5.74 KB)

I can’t seem to reproduce this bug if I understand you correctly.

The Hold Value Port Popups being pinned, have clicked on the quad, moving the mouse doesn’t update the Hold Value nor am I getting events every second ?

In this composition, the Value input port of Hold Value is being updated with a new value whenever the mouse moves, since that updates Pinch 3D Objects Center. In my testing, the output port updates appropriately when the mouse is clicked. I am not seeing “Receive Mouse Clicks seems to send an event out of the Single Clicked port despite the trackpad hardware not actually being interacted with, and with no mouse clicks actually happening.”

If anyone notices this behavior again, please post the details here. Until then, since we can’t reproduce it, we labeling it “Not a bug.”