Export movie as numbered image sequence

Allow the exporting of animations as image sequences. Could be useful for VFX professionals, or integration with other software that expects image sequence input. Would also allow easy development of distributed rendering, as the final video file would not need a build phase, as each frame would simply be placed into the render directory.

Image sequence format examples: JPEG 100%, PNG, TIFF (very large files) DPX, OpenEXR.

Numbering conventions to be stipulated by hash marks:

foobar_####.jpeg = foobar_0001.jpeg etc

I’ve opened this feature request for community voting.

this would be a good feature to have.

I’m actually trying to do this right now for a project that would ultimately get output to physical media (sculpture)… But I need an image sequence of what I’m already doing in Vuo.

I’ve been attempting this from existing Vuo nodes for the past 3 hours and have been unsuccessful, so I guess it doesn’t exist as of now. (sadface)

@lhepner, it’s possible to output video as an image sequence with the Save Image node. Here are a couple of examples.

Option 1: save-image-sequence.vuo — Saves an image sequence in realtime. Since it’s realtime it might drop frames.

Option 2: convert-movie-to-image-sequence.vuo — First use Vuo’s File > Export > Movie, then run it through this composition which will extract the movie’s frames to an image sequence.

(Both compositions save the images to the same folder as the composition.)

save-image-sequence.vuo (3.08 KB)

convert-movie-to-image-sequence.vuo (3.77 KB)

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll check these, out. Save Image node was one of those that I was attempting to fit into my grand scheme, so I’m glad to hear that I was on the right track.

1 Like