Feedback Loop signal in a diffeent part of the composition

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. open the attached vuo program
  2. connect “reached target” output pin of “1. Smooth with duration” node (bottom left of the composition) to “Increment” pin of “2. stato” node
  3. You have a feedback signal, in a different part of the composition, non involved by this cable

Have you found a workaround?

no

Other notes

• Vuo version: 1.2.7
  • macOS version: OS X 10.10
  • How severely does this bug affect you? It prevents me from completing a specific task with Vuo.

palodelcolle.vuo (48.3 KB)

The feedback really exist in that part of the composition. The strange things is:

• I was allowed to create it. I think it happened when the editor crashed while i was trying to connect the feedback cable.
  • I’m signaled of this when connecting a cable in a different part of the composition.

So probably the bug is when the editor crashed. Attached the logs of all last crashes; don’t know which is the right one.  

crash0.txt (79 KB)

crash1.txt (86.6 KB)

crash2.txt (64.4 KB)

crash3.txt (65.2 KB)

crash4.txt (63.6 KB)

The thing is, the feedback loop doesn’t become a deadlocked feedback loop until you add that cable. In your original composition, events are coming into the feedback loop through the SIZE node’s Time port. When you attempt to connect the cable, events would be entering the feedback loop from a second point: the left Hold Value node’s refresh port. At that moment it changes from an OK feedback loop to a deadlocked feedback loop.

As I mentioned on your other post, I think you can avoid the problem by getting rid of the left Hold Value node.

HoldSmoothFeedback.png

Regarding the crashes — It looks like at least some of them have to do with custom nodes you’re working on. If you’d like help with those, please make a separate bug report to help us keep track, and send the subcomposition or node source code that’s causing a problem.

Does Vuo consistently crash when you connect that cable? I tried several times, with and without the composition running, and couldn’t get it to crash.

Ok thanks. Vuo crashed not consistently, and I found a not updated node that could be the cause - i deleted it.
regards
michele

OK, good to know.