HAP video don't work on exported Mac App

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. Create simple video player composition. With vuo.video.play and vuo.image.render.window
  2. Set Hap -encoded video as video URL
  3. Run composition → Everything works (attached image: ScreenShotHapBug2.png)
  4. Export composition to Mac App
  5. Run exported mac app → Video is not displayed (attached image: ScreenShotHapBug1.png)
  6. Check OSX error console (attached image: ScreenShotHapBug3.png)
  7. Do the same with other video types (at least h264) → Works fine

Have you found a workaround?

No - only other codecs works (at least h264)

Other notes

• Vuo version: 1.2.5
  • macOS version: OS X 10.11
  • How severely does this bug affect you? It prevents me from completing a specific task with Vuo.

Attached example project, which is source of screenshots.

HapBug.zip (12.1 MB)

ScreenShotHapBug1.png

ScreenShotHapBug2.jpg

ScreenShotHapBug3.png

Maybe installing this could help? https://github.com/Vidvox/hap-qt-codec/releases/tag/version-12

I have HAP-codec on my system and it works with other software (VDMX, Compressor…). I guess HAP -codec is needed to view HAP-videos even in the Vuo-editor (which works)?

And I tried to reinstall it, doesn’t help.

Do HAP-video player work on your system when composition is exported as standalone app?  

Confirmed, there is a problem with Hap playback in exported apps. We’ll get this fixed.

Workaround in the meantime:

• Right-click on the exported app, choose Show Package Contents, navigate to Contents > Frameworks > Vuo.framework, and create a new folder called “Frameworks”.
  • Right-click on Vuo Editor.app, choose Show Package Contents, navigate to Contents > Frameworks > Vuo.framework > Versions > 1.2.6 > Frameworks, and copy HapInAVFoundation.framework to the folder just created in the exported app.
1 Like

Thanks for the workaround, it works.

1 Like

Fixed in 1.2.6.