help with a list (counting occurrences)

Hi all,

I’m want to count the occurrence of items in the first column in a csv.
The items that could occur on this list are numbers between 1 and 100.

So I am able to count the occurrence of specific values (99 in this example, see added composition), but only one at a time.
But what would be the best way to iterate this 100 times ( one for each of the possible item values) in order to make a new list containing item number in column 1 and their occurrence in column 2.

composition and demo csv attatched
thanks for any help!

C

count_items.zip (2.56 KB)

it’s not pretty - and I still wonder about what the best method for iterating this would be… although I am now getting the list I need out the other end, see attached file

count_test3.vuo (8.35 KB)

2 Likes

Hi @carlitos,
here is a possible solution. In green nodes i added, or modified (i put “true” include headers parameter of Get Table Column node). I did not remove nodes that are useless. The result you wish is outputted by “Finished Processing” output of the green “Process list” node I added, ordered ascending from lower value to greater. Probably there’s better ways to do this, I’d investigate “Process List” node.
regards
michele

EDIT: sorry i noticed now you wish not only occurrences but also values… should be not difficult to modify in that way  

count_test3.vuo (8.31 KB)

2 Likes

Here it is, composing the table as last step.

count_test3.vuo (9.19 KB)

wow - @cremaschi - thnx so much, I don’t think I would have figured that out, not this week anyway ;-)  

1 Like