Hold List on command

Hi. I been trying the" hold list node" but it does not seems to do the trick. I want it to hold a list until I tell the node to hold a new one, but since it always updates when the “new value” port gets an event, I can´t do it. Am I doing something wrong?. The list gets pushed by the “get drag value” so every time I drag a folder a new list gets “hold”. I want to send the list data to many different “hold list” nodes and choose which one holds it, but every time I drag a new folder, it updates all the “hold list” nodes. I have two ideas on how to fix this. First: Is there a way or node to split the Data+Event stream? This would be a useful thing to have. A “split data node” that lets you separate events and data, so you can choose data without event. Also putting in the “Hold list” and “hold value” nodes a port that updates the data on command instead of every time a new data+event gets pushed into it could work. Any ideas?

Thank you
M

The “Hold” and “Hold List” are essentially the split data from event nodes. The other way around is the “Spin Off Event” node which only gives you the event. I just noticed that there is a fire input on the new value of the “Hold” nodes that I haven’t been aware of earlier, but I at least thought they stopped anything until you fired something to the refresh port.

If you want to decide where the data should go, then perhaps logic routers would be a better way to go?

Hi Magneson

I can understand better the “hold node” with the idea that it is the split form data and events. I will give it round with this in mind and come back here with more info about this.
Thanks

M