Is 1.2.1 a paid release?

Basically what the title says.

(the “My license” tab says 1.2.x, but I can only download a trial version, and it doesn’t authorize with my current license)

Magneson,

Vuo 1.2.1 is a free release. Try this:
Launch Vuo Editor, go to the Help menu, and click “Reactivate Vuo…”. Let us know if that works for you.

Thanks, I still get this message: This version of Vuo is newer than your license allows.
Please purchase an update, or download an older version at vuo.org. Or, you may try the current version for as long as you like, but you won’t be able to save your compositions, use pro nodes, or export apps.

OK. We’ll get someone to look at that today. Thanks for the prompt feedback.

Magneson, could you try reactivating again now?

(I accidentally skipped a step when making the 1.2.1 release last night, which prevented some people from activating it. I believe it should be fixed now. Sorry about that.)

No worries, works now! Thanks!

Hmm this explains a lot. I have been getting the same exact message. I just went through the reactivation, but still no luck.

@George_Toledo, in general, our license scheme (since December 2014) is that patch releases (0.0.x) are provided at no additional cost to people with an up-to-date license, and major and minor releases (x.0.0 and 0.x.0) are paid.

For example, Vuo 1.2.1 is a free update for people with a Vuo 1.2.x license. If you have an earlier license (say, 1.1.x), you can purchase the 1.2.x update, then you get all the 1.2.x patch releases (1.2.0, 1.2.1, and possible future 1.2.x patch releases) at no additional cost.

In 2015, we released Vuo 1.1 and 1.2; in 2016 we’re planning to release 1.3 and maybe 1.4 — so basically it works out to paying $24 twice per year if you want to always have the latest version.