Is there a way to simply fill a polygon with an unlit colour or image?

Yes, sorry, I see how that’s confusing. As you can see in the uploaded version, I can get it to appear correct. But this requires setting a -z translation on the filled/reintrepreted polygon to put it in the desired stacking order. Further, if I change the order in Combine 3D Objects, the filled polygon comes to the front, even with the -z translation.

Intuitively, I would expect that if all are flat 2D planes with no z translation, then changing the order in Combine 3D Objects should change the stacking order. Have to double check, I think if I make the z translation big enough the filled polygon might come to the front/top, but the amount it takes to do that also defeats attempts at accuracy and adds to the feeling that this is not expected behavior.  

(@KHenkels parabox nodes (make mesh with values) can make a lot of different mesh types from points)

@MartinusMagneson, do you happen to have a simple demo of that module? Or maybe @KHenkel included one, I should go look.  

@jersmi actually the fill is behind in both combine 3D layers if I’m right, but it seems it’s the ovals & lines that are stacked differently (even if for example the points are on top of the lines in both Combine 3D Objects" nodes).

If you want to get rid of the Z position for 3D objects, you can use Karl Henkel’s Parabox Convert 3D Object to Layer nodes !

@MartinusMagneson yeah ! If you know how for example to use that node to create for example shapes like the audio graph, normal graph or circle audio graph like in Composition: Fill 2D Shapes From Points I would love to know about it too. I haven’t been able to set the right normals etc for it to display correctly.

2018-05-22 18.18.51.png  

parametricPolygons_Stroke_Fill 1.2.vuo (20.1 KB)

Yeah, maybe just the points are not behaving as expected with @smokris’s module.  

@Bodysoulspirit The normals doesn’t really matter for 2d applications if I remember right. The element no. is important though. If they are not in order you might end up not being able to render it (correctly/visibly).

1 Like

Trying to get @Bodysoulspirit’s last comp “parametricPolygons_Stroke_Fill 1.2” to load in Vuo 2.0.3, I’m getting this error, can’t see the problem, help? Trying to replace @smokris’s Reinterpret 3D Object with @Bodysoulspirit’s new version. (Btw, thanks, BSS, for your generous efforts with your new node sets!)

Unsupported composition layout — Couldn't convert argument type `%"type 0x7f8b599e5000"**` to parameter type `%"type 0x7f8b59b547b0"*` for function:  

void (%"type 0x7f8b59b547b0"*, i64, double, %"type 0x7f8b59b547b0"*)

Also, is there a way for me to look up the error on my system? (Mojave 10.14.6).

Edit: nevermind, got it. Simply had to delete @smokris’s node from the comp, that was the problem. The BSS Reinterpret 3D Object works!  

1 Like