Mac App - Internal and External file linking

I’m not sure if this is a feature request or not because it may be there and I’m just not understanding how to do it…

So I just noticed that when I export a Mac App from VUO all the related elements like Videos, Images, Fonts, etc are embedded within the Package Contents, which is fantastic… except when you don’t want it to be. ;)

I was hoping that certain parts of the app I’m creating can reference an external images folder in the same directory as the App resides. This way whatever images I drop in this folder will automatically be used in the App. As a workaround I could open the Package Contents and make a shortcut from the Resources folder but I would like the ability to choose wether a specific image or other files are packaged into the App or referenced outside the App. Can it do this already and I’m just missing something? If not is this a new feature request or something that could be easily added without one?

Also a related and slightly more important issue I discovered with exporting a Mac App in Vuo 1.2.6Beta when I use XML files is that the XML reference files are NOT copied into the Package Contents. I can manually copy them there afterwards and the App works fine but they aren’t automatically copied like they should be. Could we fix this for the release?

I would like the ability to choose wether a specific image or other files are packaged into the App or referenced outside the App

When exporting a composition to an app, Vuo copies files that are referenced by relative URLs (paths) into the app bundle. If you don’t want a file copied, you can instead use a URL that starts with ~ or /. The attached composition demonstrates — Aqua Blue.jpg and test1.xml are copied, the rest are not.

XML reference files are NOT copied into the Package Contents

Could you post a composition that shows the problem? It worked OK with my attached composition.

AppResourcesPathTest.vuo (6.86 KB)

I’ll have a look at the composition later this week when I get back from the conference I’m at. I probably have a ~ or / in there. I just dragged the file in and didn’t check the URL.