Make image form web page loads audio too

With the included composition, I load a youtube video using “make image from web page” node. Audio is rendered as well. It is unexpected, but anyway useful. At the moment I have no option to mute it (other than modiifying URL youtube parameter); would be useful to have audio routed to a “audio out” parameter, so that I could conect to an audio out node just if needed.

audioout.vuo (2.18 KB)

It’s impressive that you managed to get YouTube playback working. Others have tried and you’re the first that I know of to succeed.

Unfortunately, your feature request would be disproportionately difficult to implement. Make Image from Web Page is currently based on Apple’s WebKit framework, which doesn’t provide a way to mute or capture audio output. We’d need to rewrite the node using some other web browser engine, a formidable task. If it’s important to you, we can broaden this feature request to cover the alternative web browser engine. Otherwise, we can close this feature request.

Ok; thanks. No, it’s not that important. As a reference, I can manage removing audio just adding “&mute=1” to the web address.

1 Like