"Make Triangle Mesh" and "Make Triangle Strip Mesh" nodes

Add nodes that take a list of points as input, interpret them as triangles (either individual triangles, or a triangle strip), and output a VuoMesh.

Support the option to use either faceted normals or smoothed normals.

Support multiple methods for assigning texture coordinates: spherical, cylindrical, cubic.

What does “Support the option to use either faceted normals or smoothed normals” refer to?

Just noting my request for node fill colouring using per point colouring like the Kineme GL Triangle and GL Triangle Family patches. More details on this FR (Add nodes to create triangles and quads with per-vertex colors can the two be merged please, @jstrecker? Then i can throw some votes at this FR.

If there is some different way to get the colours that better suits the existing Vuo code in that’s ok by me.

What does “Support the option to use either faceted normals or smoothed normals” refer to?

Faceted is when you can see the triangles, smoothed is when their edges are smoothed over.

FacetSmoothNormals.vuo (2.6 KB)

1 Like

In Vuo 2.0.0, we partially fulfilled this feature request by adding a Make Triangle Object node.

This feature request remains open for voting, since we have not yet added support for triangle strips, smoothed normals, or some of the methods for assigning texture coordinates (cubic, cylindrical).

1 Like

Thanks, Jaymie. I can’t wait to check this out and all the other enhancements and new features in the latest Vuo!