Make Tube node renders interior incorrectly

Steps causing the bug to occur

The Make Tube node always renders the interior vertical surfaces (the sides rather than the top and bottom). This is evidently not intentional. Utilizing the show interior node should be the only way to show the interior.

I’ve also seen the cylinder show a weird black shape in the middle depending on settings but unfortunately I can’t seem to recreate it now.

Other notes

• Vuo version: 2.3.0
  • macOS version: macOS 10.14
  • CPU: x86_64
  • How severely does this bug affect you? Not much; I’m just letting you know about it.

We’re not seeing any issues with the Make Tube node. Can you provide compositions and screenshots highlighting the problem(s) you are finding?

Hi I attached two screenshots. The bug is evident to me even in an incredibly simple configuration. The interior walls of the tube should not be visible by default. The bottom half of the composition window I attached should in fact be entirely black. I suspect this creates problems when attaching subsequent nodes such as Divide 3d Object (it’s not worth trying to replicate it here because this is most likely source of the problem). Also it uses unneccessary CPU/GPU rendering surfaces that are invisible.

Please also note that I attached a sequence you requested for a previous bug report: https://community.vuo.org/t/-/6772

thanks for all your hard work :-)

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 09.32.55.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 09.32.47.png

Thanks for clarifying the problem for us. We now understand the issue, and have accepted the bug report.

Fortunately, it was an easy fix. Fixed in Vuo 2.3.2.