Mask missing with "warp image with projection" node.

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. Warp image with projection node doesn’t seem to be using the multiplicative blend data.
  2. Image showing correct result + result in vuo window attached, notice no blending. Strangely if the image is saved there seems to be a inverted blend.
  3. Sample warp mesh that produced the above attached along with simple VUO project.

Other notes

• Vuo version: 1.2.3
  • macOS version: OS X 10.11
  • How severely does this bug affect you? It prevents me from completing a specific task with Vuo.

It is the fifth column in the mesh files that define a multiplicative factor, used to blend images and to account for variable light path and distances.

example.zip (371 KB)

standard_16x9.data_.zip (65.7 KB)

example.jpg

1 Like

I would really appreciate getting it fixed since the “warp Image…” node functionality is the reason I purchased Vuo, and I’m urgently trying to put together a presentation, which I won’t be able to do until this bug is fixed. thank you.

Sorry to hear that this bug is preventing you from getting your work done. The good news is that the bug started fairly recently, so a workaround is to go back to Vuo 1.2.1. The bug will be fixed in the upcoming Vuo 1.2.4 release (coming in the next few weeks).

1 Like

As it happens, if you export to a png it turns the mask data into an
alpha channel, if that is composited onto a black background then you
get the right result. Doesn’t help with the live view in a window though.

2 Likes

If the mask value is showing up as an alpha in exported png’s, then it sounds like the alpha is coming out of warp image straight, not pre-multiplied. You could try pre-multiplying with shadertoy the output as a temporary solution?

Excellent suggestion, @alexmitchellmus. Here’s a composition that uses a shader to undo the effect of the bug.

When I suggested going back to Vuo 1.2.1, I should have mentioned that that only works if you’re on a macOS version earlier than 10.11.6. Since Vuo 1.2.1 won’t launch on 10.11.6 and later, the workaround on those operating systems is to run the attached composition in Vuo 1.2.3.

warp-alpha-premultiply.vuo (2.88 KB)

1 Like

Thanks @jstrecker!

Fixed in Vuo 1.2.4.