Matrix Code Generator

Built as an exercise in building lists and using feedback. My question is how does one hold a list and feed that held list into a given particle? I’d like for the characters to hold after running through the list, randomly.

Instructions

install the included font. If you plan on running the composition in Vuo, You will need @vjsatoshi custom particle nodes. https://community.vuo.org/t/-/4813

mx_matrixcode_02.zip (7.11 MB)

matrix_code_02.zip (54.1 KB)

MatrixCodeGen_02.jpg

2 Likes

My question is how does one hold a list and feed that held list into a given particle? I’d like for the characters to hold after running through the list, randomly.

Interesting question. Since the stv Gen Particle Emitter S node just outputs a list of points, it would be hard to track a specific particle over time. And to assign each particle a different character at a given moment, they’d have to be separate objects/layers instead of a point mesh.

Attached is a different approach that might get you a little closer. It doesn’t use a particle system, just a layer, so you’d have to add more layers to get more of a particle look like in your original composition. You might be able to finagle something to make it hold the last character after something happens (reaches a certain Y value or number of characters, which could be randomly chosen).

matrixcode.vuo (5.66 KB)

1 Like

Indeed. A new route would definitely be in order. I’ll examine this comp, and see where it leads!! Everyone loves cascades!!