Moving node slightly to the left side = heavy scrolling

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. Start dragging a node to the left
  2. Composition scrolls heavily to the left
    (3. Trying to scroll back to the right by moving the node to the right side of the screen does not work)

Have you found a workaround?

No.

Other notes

• Vuo version: 2.0.0
  • macOS version: macOS 10.15
  • How severely does this bug affect you? It prevents me from using Vuo at all.

I cannot move nodes around without this happening.

Hi and welcome @dantveita.

Until a team member answer you, would you mind posting maybe a short screen recording of it ?
Cause I can’t replicate it.  

1 Like

Yeah, we (Vuo team) haven’t been able to reproduce this problem either. @dantveita, a screen recording would be super helpful. Thanks, and sorry Vuo isn’t working for you.

I wasn’t able to reproduce this. Version 2, when I drag a node left or right it doesn’t scroll at all for me … which one might argue it should.
BUT, if I drag a cable off the left or right edge, in my opinion the scrolling is way too fast.
Often it scrolls past where I want to attach it before I get a chance to. When I correct and drag off the right edge it often goes so fast the same thing occurs.

@pbourke for the node dragging see Move within the whole editor when dragging a node.

regarding scroll speed I agree it’s pretty fast and I get the same quite often. Although there is speed increment happening though, going close to the canvas edge scrolls at a certain speed, going further increases the scrolling speed. But could maybe be tuned better.

Or I unzoom with the 2-fingers trackpad zoom and connect and zoom back again.

We have not been able to reproduce this bug. @dantveita, if you’re able to provide a screen recording or other information that would help with troubleshooting, please let us know and we’ll reopen this bug report.