Noise Time

Looking for a solution to slow down the noise node in this comp. Any ideas on how to control the rate? Currently the Time input has the Time Published Port direct. I’m assuming I would need to add some nodes in that chain?

SimpleGrid_01.vuo (4.74 KB)

You could use the Divide node to scale down the time. I modified your composition to do that, attached below.

SimpleGrid_01.vuo (4.97 KB)

Great! That works for what I’m doing currently. Published the port to the B input on the Divide node, and can now control the divisor with a slider. What is the default measurement of time here in this comp? The refresh rate of the monitor it’s connected to?

@krezrock you can also check Satoshi’s great “Change Speed” node here : Change Speed Satoshi node

@Bodysoulspirit I’ll take a look at the “Change Speed” node. However, I’m not sure if the custom nodes get ported over to VDMX. Which is where this comp will run.

Azy,

What is the default measurement of time here in this comp? The refresh rate of the monitor it’s connected to?

In this composition (and all Image Filter and Image Generator protocol compositions), the time is controlled by the host app — which could be a VJ app like CoGe or VDMX, or Vuo’s built-in movie exporter, or Vuo itself if you just press “Run”.

In the latter case, yes, it’s controlled by the screen refresh rate. It’s just like using the output of the Fire on Display Refresh node, or one of the Render Scene/Layers/Image to Window nodes.

However, other apps could handle time differently. For example, in CoGe you can choose whether rendering is driven by display refresh or an internal timer, and in VDMX (and Vuo’s built-in movie exporter) you can choose an arbitrary framerate.

However, I’m not sure if the custom nodes get ported over to VDMX. Which is where this comp will run.

Yes, you can use custom nodes in CoGe and VDMX (and other host apps).

Great information. And thank you for clarifying that custom nodes work in host apps.