Particle Emitter

create four 3d point list.
(positions and rotations, scales, strokes)
if you connect these list to “make point(line) mesh” node or “copy 3d object” node,
you get particle(stroke) or 3D object particle.

stv.GenParticleEmitter.zip (54.4 MB)

stv.GenParticleEmitter.zip (2.84 MB)

18 Likes

This is incredible!

I’m adding some function to this node.
(collision, banishing point…etc)
I’ll upload next ver. in the near future.

update 01.05.15
(bug fix)VelocityReduce and CollisionGround

update 02.01.15 Add “Particle Emitter Restricted” nodes and sample.
it can draw Flux stroke.

Hi this is great work. I’m trying to use sampleL02_particleEmitterL_3DobjectAndStopMotion.vuo but can’t locate “stv.Window.Pr” is there another patch which can be used?

Never mind I just quit, reopened and there it was.

This is awesome… note for Vuo 1.1.0: I don’t think ‘stv Window Pr.’ is working properly. The patches run well when I delete that node from the example, but the window fails to open properly when it is in the patch. fyi

Thank you for the Particle Emitter Nodes Satoshi. Like mentioned above in Vuo 1.1.1, the ‘stv Window Pr.’ needs to be removed for the app to draw properly.

Is there a simple explanation why the preview window closes and freeze when I play the comp? The nodes are installed and an I get no error message. The last comp works, but not the rest.

@bnvisuals, see @tivonrice’s comment above — there seems to be a problem with the stv window property node. You can get around it by moving stv.MakeWindowProperty.vuonode out of your Modules folder and deleting it from the compositions.

Big aportation! Congratulations!

HI! I have a small doubt. I make a basic particle emitter and I want a continuous emission, but is explosion type. Emits every X time, X is “Life Time” in this case is a 10 seconds… Is there any way to create a continuous emitter from a mesh or structure like QC (Particles warfare: _1024_ParticleWarfare 1.1 QCplugin update | 1024 Architecture Blog / MadMapper, Video Mapping, Quartz Composer plugins, whatever ...)?
Thank you
Attached a video and composition:

Hello all,
First post as I finally catch up with Vuo :)

Playing with these and they are great fun but I’m finding lighting of a particle generated mesh triangle object a bit funky.

Seems that they have reversed faces or normals?
If I use a point light and a lit colour shader I have to position the light in the -5 Z range to make the object visible, anything I am missing or other advice?

Cheers all.  

Hi all,
Finally about to try Vuo again. Going back to this. Trying to figure out how to add multiple attractors to the DrawStroke example, but it only choose the first on the list. Is it possible to have several points attracting at the same time?

DrawStrokeTest.vuo (21.3 KB)

1 Like

@bnvisuals I guess it’s because lists don’t wrap for this node, so you have to have the correct amount of items fed for each list, yours had only 1 for “Attraction Acceleration”.
Joined composition works if I’m right.

DrawStrokeTest 1.1.vuo (18.3 KB)

1 Like

Please update to vuo 2

3 Likes

how does one get this to work on Vuo 2.4.1 ?

@dust sadly it has not worked since version 2.  

1 Like

thanks Joe I think there should be a built in particle emitter in the works ? I would be happy with a simple one like QC had. this one looks pretty advanced it being in 3D with collisions etc…

1 Like