Quit button disabled

Steps causing the bug to occur

1. Haven’t been able to identify some common factor that causes it.

Have you found a workaround?

Right mouse click on the dock icon.

Other notes

• Vuo version: 2.2.0
  • macOS version: macOS 10.15
  • How severely does this bug affect you? Not much; I’m just letting you know about it.

Just started using version 2.2 for a project. Twice today the Quit and About Vuo menu items are disabled. The composition is not running. Closing edit window doesn’t help.

We haven’t been able to reproduce this. Can anyone in the community find steps to reproduce? If so, please let us know.

I just had this happen as well (Vuo 2.2). @pbourke is the composition in question stored in your user modules folder?

I noticed this happened as i loaded up Vuo and were about to continue with a composition since it wouldn’t fetch data. Trying to restart Vuo the Quit option was disabled until I stopped the composition and closed the editor window. I haven’t been able to reproduce this behaviour since this one instance. The computer had before this gone to sleep due to an empty battery, but Vuo was not running at the time.

What’s more, fetch data still wasn’t working after re-adding the file path and restarting Vuo, and still not after rebooting the computer going through the same steps. Rebuilding the composition behaved as expected so I stored the new one to compare composition files. I then noticed I somehow had managed to save it to the user modules folder. Moving the composition to the desktop made it work as expected, moving it back to the user modules folder broke the fetch data node again (after re-adding the file path).

Not sure if the two are related, or if it requires a complex sleep, start, stop procedure that in some way happened at the same time. There is at least something wonky going on with the user modules folder though.

I did have a local Modules directory I was using for sub-compositions that I was working on at the same time.
But a quick play now and I wasn’t able to replicate the problem … except Vuo did just now crash.
I have been always on mains power for the dead battery option above isn’t occuring for me.

I’ve been able to isolate the crash bug mentioned in my last message, will report as a separate bug report now.

Had this happen again today. Only similarity I can think of is having used NDI scan converter. To be able to quit this time I had to open a composition then the Quit option was available again.

Paul, we’d like to merge this bug report in with your bug report Vuo crashing after editing Moduls subcomposition.
Magneson, we think your issue might be related to Saving Composition to Node Library does not update relative file paths or copy files.

I will have to double check (not at a mac atm), but I’m pretty sure I deleted the input string and dragged the file in again to check for file placement issues after closing the file and re-opening from the modules folder. It might be that the parent folder location isn’t updated though (linking to desktop instead of /user modules), but I can’t quite understand how that would function conceptually.

I have two Quit Vuo in the menus: one disabled, the other enabled !!! See the attached pictures

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-07 um 11.28.15.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-07 um 11.28.29.jpg

1 Like

@jfg,

We identified a problem where the Vuo > Quit Vuo menu item would disappear upon closing all open editor windows. Is that when you’ve experienced the problem?

@pbourke, @jfg,
Thanks for the information. We’ve managed to duplicate both your problems and will have a fix in the next release.  

Fixed the issue with the Quit menu item in Vuo 2.4.0.