RAM memory leak

Steps causing the bug to occur

I think I have a RAM consumption problem. Whenever I run a VUO composition with VuoLoader or exported as an Application, the use of RAM gradually increases.

In compositions that are only 2 buttons that send an OSC commands, the application starts at 29Mb and gradually grows to 4Gb of RAM after 2 days of use. But with applications with more functions after 18 hours of use, it can be using 47Gb of RAM ( using Virtual Memory ).

Do you have any advice about how to manage or which nodes I should be careful about so that there is no constant increase in RAM usage?

I am using Mojave and Vuo 2.2.0

Other notes

• Vuo version: 2.2.0
  • macOS version: macOS 10.14
  • How severely does this bug affect you? It prevents me from completing a specific task with Vuo.

We were able to reproduce the problem. Unfortunately, we don’t see a way to modify the composition to avoid that leak, but we can hopefully have a fix in the next Vuo release. Thanks for letting us know!

Could you please share the specific composition so we can take a look? It might be a bug Team Vuo can fix.

Thanks for the help, I enclose the composition. It is an application to create overlays through NDI and send them to VMIX, the statistics are not finished but as I keep working on it it consumes more and more memory. At startup it will create a folder in Documents, where you can put the media files.

In this example in 1,5h the RAM use is 58Gb

Many Thanks  

We were able to reproduce the problem. Unfortunately, we don’t see a way to modify the composition to avoid that leak, but we can hopefully have a fix in the next Vuo release. Thanks for letting us know!

@Alejo,

We’ve converted this discussion to a bug report.

Is there a date for the update? or an intermediate testing version? :-)

Fixed in Vuo 2.2.1.