Reaktor Poly OSC freeze

Steps causing the bug to occur

Have you found a workaround?

not yet. searching…

Other notes

• Vuo version: 1.2.5
  • macOS version: OS X 10.11
  • How severely does this bug affect you? It prevents me from completing a specific task with Vuo.

i want to control Vuo patches via OSC from Reaktor. I’m sending various messages that affects certain aspects of my vuo compositions like size of a torus controlled by polyphonic envelope. Everything works fine untill i get to the 5’th voice. In the composition i’ve uploaded there is the same structure copied several time. The blue one is the fifth voice that causes vuo to freeze [ i have to restart my mac each time problem occurs ] . At first i was thinking maybe i’m sending too many OSC messages , but i have change the structure so that it doesn’t receive so many continuus values , only on/off from each voice and Vuo was doing animation on it’s own[ its not included in the uploaded composition]. So I don’t think it’s due to OSC. When i’m in the 4 voice boundries everything else works as charm - i can send other OSC messages to other parts of composition without any problem. The only problem is when i copy the same structure for the fifth time and start palying my synth , after reaching fifth voice Vuo freezes and so do my mac.

Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB x 2

Poly OSC bug.vuo (24.1 KB)

@IP_Identity_Problem, sorry to hear that your composition is freezing so severely. The problem may not be with OSC, but rather with the graphics. The symptoms sound like X4000 graphics driver crashes. Do you have a computer with a non-AMD graphics card that you can test on?

1 Like

I can test it on my old iMac with ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB tommorrow but is there any solution to this yet? does the new VUO beta has eliminated the problem? I am launching exhibition on saturday, so i would like to know if beta will help before i will eventually download it.

it’s slowing down terribly on iMac but it doesn’t freeze the whole machine.

@IP_Identity_Problem, does the problem still happen with Vuo 1.2.6-alpha2?

can’t test now. i left the project on iMac in the studio. anyway i just downloaded 1.2.6 alpha and immediately test cmmnd+f for searching nodes function. Thats cool !!
I will try the project on my Mac pro asap.
THANKS

1 Like

@IP_Identity_Problem, if the problem still happens on the latest version of Vuo (1.2.7), let us know. I’ll mark this bug report closed for now, can reopen if needed.